Friday, April 19, 2013

"For Better or For Liverwurst"

One thing that never fails to revitalize my love for writing is the freedom that writers have. The freedom for me to write whatever i want to write. However i want to write it. To pour my heart onto paper, or to jot down random words the make me laugh. To choose to make a point, persuade, or to simply just express. I love the freedom that writing gives you. I love the there are no rules. Sure, you're supposed to me grammatically correct, and indent, and put periods. where. they. belong. i guess. but in reality, writing is art. and there is no right or wrong way to do it. so so so many works of writing are creatively done. They are punctuated where they want to be, and they say whatever they want to say, even if the reader perceives it all kinds of wrong. That's why i've never understood the statement "I don't like to write", or "I'm not a good writer." What's there to not like? What's there to be good about? Who's to say what is good and what is bad? I guess that's the issue with all art. Someone can look at something, read something, and not get anything from it. But another person, may look at it, may read it, and it mat change their life. Art is funny that way. It's all about perspective. And we are out biggest critics. I write because writing never fails me. I always learn from it, grow from it, or just release steam. Writing helps me to channel a lot of emotions, useless thoughts, and opinions. No one really has to read it. And really, Sweeney you're probably the only one who will ever read this blog, but sometimes it's not about who reads it, who thinks its "good". Writing is your mark in the world. Its your words, your thoughts and ideas, opinions. Its your style, how you choose to put those words onto paper. Writing is art. And like all art, it is an expression of self. So there is nothing to not like. There is no "good" or "bad" writer. Whether youre all over the place, full of grammatical errors, lacking plot and structure, you're still a writer. And youre free to write however you want, whatever you want. wherever and whenever. Writing is a freedom, not a duty. There are no rules on "How to become a writer" because anyone can be a writer. anything can be considered literature. Writing never fails to instill my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment