Friday, April 19, 2013

Live Free, Die Hard

"Do not go gentle into that good night." "Rage, Rage against the dying of the light." Do not go gentle into that good night. What does that mean? Rage against the dying of the light. What is that really saying? Honestly, i don't know. But it can be perceived numerous different ways. As i first read it, i read it as though it meant for me to fight death. To not go out without a battle. To live free and die hard. ha ha ha. No but seriously, that's what i got from it. It spoke to me, saying that i needed to make life worth the death i would ultimately face. Is what i lived for worth dieing for? that's a loaded question. One that religious people would have LOADS to speak on. But even I question it. Is what i do today, going to be remembered if i died tomorrow? So far, i tried sushi for the first time today. Unfortunately, I doubt that will go into the history books. Although anyone who knows me, would agree that it should. But in all seriousness, nothing i've done today would make a difference if i left tomorrow. So if i shouldnt go gentle into the good night, then i need to make life changes. Every day i should fight death. Fight it by living. Really living. Not just surviving, but LIVING. Making a difference. Impacting something, someone, somewhere. Doing. Saying. Being. Creating a life that will live on after death. That's really what it's about. Maybe i wont be in the history books. and maybe i wont win The Nobel Peace Prize.  But if my life is worth something, and i define my worth, if my life is really worth something than ive lived. and ive raged against the dying of the light. And even though i may not be "famous" for what ive accomplished, my life was worth the death i faced as long as i lived.

 I want people to feel an immediate happiness around me. a closeness. a safeness. to make a difference in someone's life. i want to make such an impression on something so that even though i may be delicate and fragile, my footprints will be permanent in the places, things, and hearts i have touched. when ive accomplished that every day, ive lived. and ive conquered death.

No comments:

Post a Comment